Potatoes "Au Gratin" Casserole
When I was in graduate school some time ago now, I found myself cooking more and more on the weekends so that I could menu plan quick, easy, inexpensive, and tasty meals for the busy week ahead. I had to really budget my time and so of course, my Crock Pot was one of my best friends, as was any great casserole recipe.
Below is a potato casserole recipe that I think works great as a side dish that you could easily pair with some kind of green veggie and a protein of your choice.
- Melt 2 tablespoons vegan butter over low heat and stir in 3 tablespoons of flour.
- Add 4 cups unsweetened vegan milk.
- Stir in 3 teaspoons onion powder, 2 teaspoons garlic powder, and 4 tablespoons nutritional yeast.
- Stir in 2 teaspoons lemon juice (I may have added a little more than 2 teaspoons).
- Add 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika.
- Whisk over low to medium heat until thickened.
Cover and bake for 45 minutes. Then uncover and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes. Enjoy!