When I first re-vamped this blog into a static site, I un-published this page because much of the information is not current, and I cannot tell you what has changed and what is still the same. However, I have recently received some requests to please re-publish this page, so here goes! I have added dates to the reviews I have written so you can see for yourself how old they are, but here they are all the same just in case they can serve as a useful starting place when looking for vegan-friendly restaurants in Vancouver. (10/2/2016)
Being so close to the border, it's kind of crazy that I don't get up that direction more often than I do. That is something I would really like to remedy. With that in mind, I have a list that was given to me by a friend of the blog who has a lot of experience dining out in Vancouver B. C. Unfortunately, I have not yet had the chance to try these places out myself, but I still wanted to make this list available to you all. A special thanks to Sean for making this list and passing it on to us!
Here is the list in its entirety, (with additional info in parenthesis provided by Sean--thanks Sean!)
- Panz Veggie (Completely Vegan, Chinese) This is one of my favorite places. My review is here.
- The Loving Hut (Completely Vegan, American) My review from Veg Fest is here.
- Heirloom Vegetarian Restaurant (Vegetarian, Vegan-friendly) My review is here.
- Bodhi Choi Heung (Completely Vegan, Chinese)
- Whole Vegetarian (Completely Vegan, Chinese)
- Golden Fortune (Completely Vegan, Chinese)
- Organic Lives (Completely Vegan, Raw)
- Gorilla Food (Completely Vegan, Raw)
- Dharma Kitchen (99% Vegan, Thai Fusion)
- 3G Vegetarian (99% Vegan, Chinese)
- Sejuiced (Vegetarian, Mostly Vegan, American)
- Paradise Noodle House (Vegan, Vietnamese) My review is here.
- Falafel Plus (Vegetarian, Lots of vegan options, Mediterranean)
- The Naam (Vegetarian, Lots of vegan options, American) My review is here.
- Bandidas Taqueria (Vegetarian, Everything available as vegan, Mexican) My review is here.
- Budgie's Burritos (Vegetarian, Lots of vegan options, Mexican)
- The Wallflower Modern Diner (Omni, Lots of vegan options, American) My review is here.
- Axum (Omni, Lots of vegan options, Ethiopian) Another one of my fave spots. My review is here.
- Hon's Won-Tun (Omni, separate vegetarian kitchen, Chinese)
- Nuba Restaurant (Omni, very vegan-friendly) My review is here.
- Cafe Du Soleil (Vegetarian, vegan-friendly-great place for breakfast) My review is here.
- Fairy Cakes (Vegan sweet treats, cupcakes and desserts, with nut-free and gluten free options.) My review is here.
- Everybody Loves Veggies (Vegetarian)
- Planet Veggie (Vegetarian, Indian-style cooking)
- Sweet Cherubim (Organic and Natural Food Store, Bakery, and Vegan/Vegetarian Restaurant)
- Nice Shoes: (offering vegan shoes and accessories), 3568 Fraser Street (between E 19th & 20th) Vancouver, BC